PřF:Z4042 Geography of services - Course Information
Z4042 Geography of servicesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Ondřej Mulíček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Hanáková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Ondřej Mulíček, Ph.D.
- Tue 16:00–16:50 Z5,02004
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
Z4042/02: Tue 17:00–17:50 Z4,02028, L. Hanáková
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Z3090 Human Geography
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 51 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/51, only registered: 0/51
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows: to give the deeper geographic insight into the tertiary sector; to describe functional and spatial differentiation of services; to depict principle development trends at the regional, national or global scale.
- 1. Geography of services - introduction, differentiation and principle trends within tertiary sector, position of services within the global and regional economy; 2. Production services - definition, principle trends, spatial pattern; 3. Telecommunication - trends, impacts to the development of tertiary sector; 4. Financial services - definition, principle trends, spatial pattern; 5. Logistics - definition, principle trends, spatial pattern; 6. Consumption services - position within tertiary sector; 7. Retail activities - definition, principle trends, spatial pattern.
- monotematické vydání časopisu Professional Geographer (1995) 47, 1, Blackwell, Cambridge
- SZCZYRBA, Zdeněk. Transformace struktur maloobchodní sítě České republiky : (regionálně geografická analýza s důrazem na Olomoucko). 2000. 145 s., 13. info
- Services and metropolitan development : international perspectives. Edited by P. W. Daniels. London: Routledge, 1991. xxii, 331. ISBN 0415008522. info
- Assessment methods
- Teaching methods - lectures, class discussion, homeworks. Colloquium (oral) tests the ability of independent thinking within the subject.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.