PřF:F3240 Physical laboratory 2 - Course Information
F3240 Physical laboratory 2Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Luděk Bočánek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Caha, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dušan Hemzal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Chaloupka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Mojmír Meduňa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Petr Mikulík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Karel Navrátil, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- F3240/01: Wed 7:00–9:50 Fp2,04012, O. Caha
F3240/02: Wed 13:00–15:50 Fp2,04012, J. Chaloupka
F3240/03: Tue 8:00–10:50 Fp2,04012, M. Meduňa
F3240/04: Mon 12:00–14:50 Fp2,04012, K. Navrátil
F3240/05: Mon 16:00–18:50 Fp2,04012, P. Mikulík
F3240/06: Thu 10:00–12:50 Fp2,04012, M. Meduňa
- F2180 Physical laboratory 1
A basic ability to work in a physical lab is assumed together with a profound knowledge of the secondary school level physics and basic knowledge on probability theory and statistics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objective of the course is to provide the students with the ability to
- list and describe the main techniques of electric, magnetic and optical quantities measurements
- recognize the physical phenomenon underlieing a presented experiment
- apply basic data analysis within a presented measurement.
- 1. Study of the electromagnetic induction. 2. Characteristics of nonlinear elements. Principle of voltage amplifier. 3. Distribution of equipotential lines in electrostatic field. 4. Measurement of horizontal component of geomagnetic field strength. 5. Resistance and inductance measurement by the bridge methods. 6. Temperature dependence of ion mobility. 7. Relaxation oscilaton of glow tube. 8. Measurement of parameters of optical imageing systems. 9. Dependence of refractive index of glass on the wave lenght of light. Measurement of refractive index by refractometer. 10. Polarization of light. Brownian motion. 11. Measurement of thickness of thin films by Tolansky method. Transmition of light through planparallel plate and prism. 12. Transmittance of solids.
- Teaching methods
- Laboratory courses with the outcomes in terms of individually processed measurement records including the answers to assigned problems
- Assessment methods
- The participation in laboratories is mandatory. Any student can use one alternative date for measurement.
The condition for getting credit is to present twelve protocols approved by a teacher. Regular term is until the end of the term teaching period. The teacher can give alternative term until the end of exam period.
The measurement records delivery and oral testing scheduling is up to individual agreement with the lecturer.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: POZOR! Předmět je možné zapsat (registrovat) pouze v období registrace, pozdější zápisy již nebudou akceptovány.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information