PřF:F7600 Physics of stellar atmospheres - Course Information
F7600 Physics of stellar atmospheresFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 3 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Kubát, CSc. (lecturer), Mgr. Viktor Votruba, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Viktor Votruba, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Viktor Votruba, Ph.D.
- Mon 17:00–17:50 Fs1,01017, Wed 11:00–12:50 F1,01014, Wed 13:00–14:50 F3,03015
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics (programme PřF, M-FY)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students should be able to understand the basic physics of stellar atmospheres and the radiative transfer in astrophysics.
- Introduction. Interaction of radiation with matter. Radiative transfer equation. Formal solution of radiative transfer equation Radiative transfer with scattering. Line absorption and emission. Continuum absorption and emission. Local thermodynamic equilibrium. Statistical equilibrium equations. Grey atmosphere. Classical model atmospheres. Moving atmospheres.
- Assessment methods
- Type of examination and information on teaching lectures and class exercises, oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
General note: L.
Information on course enrolment limitations: L