PřF:GT0F5 Foundation engineering - Course Information
GT0F5 Foundation engineeringFaculty of Science
Autumn 2010 - only for the accreditation
- Extent and Intensity
- 3/2. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Masopust (lecturer), doc. RNDr. Rostislav Melichar, Dr. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Rostislav Melichar, Dr.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
- ( G2121 Engeneering Geology || G2121k Engeneering Geology ) && GT0F2 Soil Mechanics
Types of foundation soils, properties of soils, limit states theory, basic principles of structural mechanics, theory of strength and elasticity, structure design.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 16 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/16, only registered: 0/16
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Learning objectives and competences: * To teach students how to design shallow and deep foundations for different geotechnical cathegories. * To provide students with basic knowledge about safe and economical design of foundation pit. * To acquaint students with modern foundation methods and subsoil improvement methods. Introduction - backgrounds. Methodology of limit states, geotechnical categories. Shallow footings - spread footings, strip footings, slabs. Design and check of shallow footings - 1st limit state, 2nd limit state. Deep foundations - division of elements. Piles - distribution (displacement, replacement). Drilled piles, CFA - technology of building. Design of axial loaded bored piles - limit bearing capacity, limit loading curve. Uncased piles - building technology. Vibropiles. Micropiles - types, building technology, utilization. Diaphragm walls and lamellas - building technology and utilization. Anchors - distribution, design and construction methods, anchor prestressing. Jet grouting - technology, recovery. Classical injection - sealing. hardening, compensation, injection materials. Foundation pits and their timbering. Braces sheeting, pile walls, diaphragm walls. Cofferdams. Static design of foundation pit timbering. Foundation pit dewatering. Underpinning.
- 1. Introduction. Limit states principles, geotechnical categories. Shallow footings – pads, strip footings, foundation slabs. 2. Design and check of shallow footings – 1st and 2nd limit states. 3. Improvement of soil properties for shallow foundations. Gravelly pillows. 4. Deep foundations – basic elements. Caissons. Open caissons. 5. Distribution of piles(displacement, replacement). Bored piles. CFA piles. Technology of building. 6. Design of axial loaded bored piles. – limit bearing capacity, limit loading curve. 7. Uncased piles – building technology. Vibropiles. 8. Micropiles – types, construction method, utilization. 9. Diaphragm walls and lamellas – construction method and utilization. 10. Anchors-distribution, design and technology. 11. Jet grouting – technology, jet grouting use. 12. Foundation pits and their timbering. Braces sheeting, pile walls, diaphragm walls. 13. Static design of foundation pit timbering. Foundation underpinning.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Nutno zapsat též na VUT
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses