PřF:Z0082 Microclimate and mesoclimate - Course Information
Z0082 Microclimate and mesoclimateFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Pavel Prošek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Pavel Prošek, CSc.
- Wed 14:00–15:50 Z2,01032
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Z0076 Meteorology and climatology
Basic knowledges in meteorology and climatology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- To obtain the basic informatin about energy exchange between the ground surface and atmosphere and about consequences of mentioned processes on temperature, humidity and kinetic features of boundary atmosphere. Consequences of specific types of ground surface and its geometry on boundary atmosphere
- Introduction - boundary atmosphere as contact air layer with earth surface and as a part of landscape sphere, climatic categories and physical principle of their definition. Radiation and energy balance of ground surface, their components and regime. Effects of regime and consequences in temperature of ground surface underlier. Temperature conditions of boundary atmosphere as a consequence of energy balance, layers of boundary atmosphere according to different criterions. Evaporation as source of atmospheric humidity - methods of estimation. Humidity conditions of boundary atmosphere - molecular and turbulent transfer of water vapour and their consequences in regime and vertical changes of humidity characteristics. Vertical profiles of air streaming in boundary atmosphere. Influence of different ground surfaces on the atmosphere (water, snow, relief morphology). Planetary boundary layer as a component of human environment and its significance as a layer of pollutants diffusion.
- Prošek, P., Rein, F. (1982é: Mikroklimatologie a mezní vrstva atmosféry. SPN, VŠ skriptum, Praha, 237 s.. Bednář, J., Zikmunda, O.(1985): Fyzika mezní vrstvy atmosféry. ACADEMIA Praha, 254 s..Oke, T., R.(1990): Boundary Layer Climates. ROUTLEDGE London,
- Handbook of micrometeorology : a guide for surface flux measurement and analysis. Edited by Xuhui Lee - W. J. Massman - Beverly E. Law. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2004. xiv, 250. ISBN 1402022646. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and exercise
- Assessment methods
- Handover of all correctly elaborated exercises documents (at latest in credit week) Examination requests: - acquittance of requests for credit conferment, - examination graduation in registered date (if the change is not regular forgiven).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.