PřF:C6190 Adv.lab.course inorg.chemistry - Course Information
C6190 Advanced laboratory course in inorganic chemistry.Faculty of Science
Autumn 2011 - acreditation
The information about the term Autumn 2011 - acreditation is not made public
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/6. 6 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- RNDr. Miloš Černík, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Josef Novosad, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Jiří Pinkas, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Miloš Černík, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- C5380 Special Laboratory Techniques
Succesful completion of Inorganic Chemistry I-III and Special Laboratory Techniques courses.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Inorganic Chemistry (programme PřF, N-CH)
- Course objectives
- The course covers a set of thoroughly choosed experiments that enable to demonstrate the majority of the important laboratory techniques in the context of some interesting chemical problems. In this way rational approaches to the common operations involved in the synthesis, separation and characterization of different, mainly air-sensitive compounds may be exercized.
- 1. Preparation of nitrogen dioxide by thermal decomposition of lead dinitrate. Determination of dissociation grade of gaseous N2O4 at ambient temperature. 2. Reaction of phosphorus pentachloride with ammonium sulfate. Elucidation of reaction mechanism by 31P NMR spectroscopy. 3. Synthesis of a cyclic alumazan and its characterization by 1H NMR. 4. Preparation of gem-diamidotetrachloro-cyclo-triphosphazene by amonolysis of P3N3Cl6. Determonation of product purity by 1H, 31P NMR and thin-layer chromatography. 5. Synthesis of cyclohexylphosphonic acid dichloride, crystalline cyclohexylphosphonic acid and its dimethylester. 6. Preparation of dinuclear Mo(II) complexes with quadruple Mo-Mo bond and their characterization by 1H NMR and IR spectra. 7. Reaction of boron trichloride with phosphorus(III) chloride in liquid thionyl chloride. Elucidation of the reaction course by 31P NMR and Raman spectroscopy.
- Woolins J. D. (Ed.): Inorganic experiments, VCH Verlagsgesellschaft mbH, Weinheim 1994, ISBN 3-527-29253-5
- Teaching methods
- Laboratory course covers advanced laboratory operations and writing laboratory reports.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Cvičení v jehož průběhu studenti musí absolvovat všechny vypsané úlohy a odevzdat příslušné protokoly. Výsledky jsou hodnoceny klasifikovaným zápočtem.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Vyučují učitelé katedry anorganické chemie.