PřF:F7450 Optoelectronics - Course Information
F7450 OptoelectronicsFaculty of Science
Autumn 2011 - acreditation
The information about the term Autumn 2011 - acreditation is not made public
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Mgr. Pavel Dvořák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jan Janča, DrSc.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Pavel Dvořák, Ph.D.
- Understanding of Maxwell equations. Optics, Theory of elmg. field, Electronics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Fundamentals of optoelectronic transfer of information. Theory of cylindrical optical wavequides. Theory of plane optical wavequides. Construction and kinds of optical wavequides. Electrooptical modulators of optical signal. Detectors of optical signals. Processing and transmission of optical signal through long distances. Optical sensors. Optoelectronic displays. Technology of optoelectronic components. Liquid crystals and its applications. Itroduction to nonlinear optics.
- optical fibers
- planar optical waveguides
- modulation of light
- liquid crystals
- detectors in optoelectronics
- nonlinear optics
- YARIV, Amnon. Optical electronics in modern communications. 5th ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 1997. xviii, 744. ISBN 0195106261. info
- GHATAK, Ajoy K. and K. THYAGARAJAN. Introduction to fiber optics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1998. x, 565 s. ISBN 0-521-57785-3. info
- URBAN, F. Optoelektronika (Optoelectronics). Brno: VUT, 1985. info
- FILKA, M. Optoelektronika v telekomunikacích (Optoelectronics in telecommunications). Praha: SNTL, 1982. info
- Saleh, Bahaa E. A. - Teich, Malvin Carl. Základy fotoniky. Sv. 2-4 : Fundamentals of photonics (Orig.). Vyd. 1. Praha : Matfyzpress, 1994-6
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- One final written test. One short report during the semester.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: S.