PřF:F7571 Exp. met. and spec. lab. B 1 - Course Information
F7571 Experimental methods and special laboratory B 1Faculty of Science
Autumn 2011 - acreditation
The information about the term Autumn 2011 - acreditation is not made public
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/3/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- doc. RNDr. Jan Celý, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Luděk Bočánek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Caha, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dušan Hemzal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Chaloupka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Jíša (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Petr Mikulík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course offers laboratory excercises on advanced experimental techniques in solid state physics with the emphasis on semiconductors.
Based on the students own experience, the goal of this course is to provide the students with the ability to
- list and describe the selected experimental techniques in condesed matter physics
- apply these methods to measurements of particular phenomena
- analyse and physically interpret the measured data.
- Temperature dependence of electric conductivity of metal and semiconductor
- Study of ionic polarization of crystals
- Metal-semiconductor contact potential difference measurement
- Ferro-electric properties of solids
- Activation energy of vacancy creation in metal
- Magnetic susceptibility
- Zone melting in germanium, sample preparation
- Absorption edge of semiconductors
- Determination of interstitial oxygen concentration in silicon
- X-ray reflectivity on multilayers
- Resistivity maping of silicon wafers
- Návody k jednotlivým úlohám (Instructions for individual tasks).
- BROŽ, Jaromír. Základy fyzikálních měření. Sv. 1. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1983. 669 s. info
- Teaching methods
- laboratory projects
- Assessment methods
- Graded credit based on eleven laboratory reports approved and graded by the respective teachers.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information