PřF:Bi1051 Introduction Comp Biol - Course Information
Bi1051 Introduction to computational biologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Jiří Jarkovský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ladislav Dušek, Ph.D.
RECETOX - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: RECETOX - Faculty of Science
- Thu 8:00–9:50 F01B1/709
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Students at the end of the course have knowledge of projects, teams and themes of students thesis of divisions of Institute of biostatistics and analyses: data analysis in oncology; analysis of population data and epidemiology; data analysis in cardiology; health technology assessment; data analysis in ecotoxicology; analysis of biodiversity; environmental modelling; environmnetal informatics.
- The range of problems solved by computational biology is presented to students of the first year together with potential themes for their students work. The topics cover not only projects of Institute of biostatistics and analyses but also other applications of computational biology. Some topics are presented by students of master studies who work on these themes.
- Teaching methods
- Presentation of scientific topics and discussion on their definition and goals.
- Assessment methods
- Oral participation in the discussion of presented topics.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Studenti matematické biologie absolvují seminář na katedře, kde vypracovávají svoji diplomovou práci.