PřF:F7600 Physics of stellar atmospheres - Course Information
F7600 Physics of stellar atmospheresFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 3 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Jiří Kubát, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Jiří Kubát, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 17:00–18:50 Fs1,01017, Mon 19:00–19:50 Fs1,01017, Tue 8:00–9:50 Fs1,01017, Tue 10:00–10:50 Fs1,01017
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, students should be able to understand the basic physics of stellar atmospheres and the radiative transfer in astrophysics.
- Introduction. Interaction of radiation with matter. Radiative transfer equation. Formal solution of radiative transfer equation Radiative transfer with scattering. Line absorption and emission. Continuum absorption and emission. Local thermodynamic equilibrium. Statistical equilibrium equations. Grey atmosphere. Classical model atmospheres. Moving atmospheres.
- MIHALAS, Dimitri. Stellar atmospheres. 1978. info
- Assessment methods
- Type of examination and information on teaching lectures and class exercises, oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
General note: L.
Information on course enrolment limitations: L