PřF:Z8154 Programming in geoinformatics - Course Information
Z8154 Programming in geoinformaticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/4. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- Mgr. Karel Staněk, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Peter Ondrejka (seminar tutor)
Ing. Lucie Klimentová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Karel Staněk, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Wed 10:00–10:50 Z3,02045
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- KREDITY_MIN ( 90 )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Geographical Cartography and Geoinformatics (programme PřF, B-GK)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to:
understand and to be explain basic principles of object oriented scripting in ArcGIS
be able to design VB script according to demanded problem from geoinformatics area
- 1. Pinciples of OOP 2. Conditions and iterrations 3. Base features of Visual Basic I. 4. Base features of Visual Basic II. 5. Scripting envinonment in ArcGIS 6. Data model ArcGIS 7. Scripting of functions in ArcGIS principles 8. Scripting of functions in ArcGIS base functions 9. Structure of JAVA 10. Geodata modelling in JTS library 11. Custom functions programming in JTS exercises syllabus: 1. Possibilities of automation in ArcGIS Desktop (calculation, Model Builder). 2. Basics of programming language Visual Basic. 3. Data types, variables, commands. 4. Conditions, cycles. 5. Procedures, functions, program debugging. 6. Basics of object oriented programming. 7. Usage of basic components (Label, EditBox, Button, CheckBox), handling events in ArcGIS Desktop. 8. Toolbox implementation in ArcGIS Desktop. 9. Data processing in personal geodatabase. 10. Automated data processing with ArcGIS Extensions. 11. Automated geometry modification of spatial data.
- Teaching methods
- lectures and practical exercises
- Assessment methods
- course is finished by graded credit. An evaluation comprehend 1 final written test and 2 written tests run during semester
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses