PřF:G8201 Field prospection - Course Information
G8201 Documentation of field prospectingFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martin Knížek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Marek Slobodník, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Rostislav Melichar, Dr.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- PROGRAM ( N - GE ) || G7671 Geological Research of undergr || G7671k Geological Research of undergr || G4231 Course of Geological Document. || G4221 Geoscience Areal Documentation
Skills for a geological documentation in a field, mineralogy, petrography, structural geology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 2/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Applied and Environmental Geology (programme PřF, N-GE) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of a field course is improving of basic skills of surface prospection, ev. subsurface detailed mapping and documentation.
- 1. Drilling technology and the prospection drilling project (hydrocarbons). 2. Documentation in a field, documentation of drill cores (primary). 3. Detailed documentation metods of subsurface geological works - galleries, shaft pits, tubes, quarry walls and boreholes (explanation). 4. Compiling of secondary documentation (redrawing of maps, notes) and elaborating other graphic supplements from field data (structural diagrams atc.).
- POUBA, Zdeněk. Geologické mapování. 1. vyd. Praha: Nakladatelství Československé akademie věd, 1959. 523 s. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, discussion, work and documentation in the field/underground working
- Assessment methods
- field work with instruction/demonstration, activity in all parts of the class and a submission of the final project/documentation are necessary for the credit
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 5D.
Information on course enrolment limitations: K realizaci výuky je nutné finační krytí cestovních nákladů