PřF:F7271 Astroph. data proc. methods - Course Information
F7271 Astrophysical data processing methodsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 4 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: graded credit. Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Miroslav Jagelka (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 19. 9. to Sun 18. 12. Tue 9:00–9:50 Fcom,01034, Wed 15:00–16:50 Fs1,01017
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course the student will be able to treat astrophysical data and derive from them demanded results including their uncertainties.
- The descriptive statistics and its tools, normal distribution a deflections from it. The regress analysis - regress models, the method of maximum likelihood, the least square method, linear and non-linear regression, orthogonalisation of regress models, robust regression, the bootstrap. Correlation analysis, the principal component method and its application. The analysis of time series - periodic and aperiodic processes.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, excercises.
- Assessment methods
- Based on 'Studijní a zkušební řád Masarykovy univerzity', chapter 9, section 2 the attendance on excercises is required. Lectures are non-compulsory, excercices are compulsory. The final mark will be set on the basis of the results from continuous homework.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
General note: S.