PřF:F1032 Mechanics plus - Course Information
F1032 Mechanics and molecular physics: problems plusFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Aleš Lacina, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Jana Musilová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jana Musilová, CSc.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jana Musilová, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 18. 9. to Fri 15. 12. Mon 11:00–12:50 FLenc,03028
- Secondary school mathematics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the discipline is to develop students´ skills in solving problems in mechanics a and molecular physics, including more complex ones. Moreover, it serves as a preparatory discipline for written tests in F1030 and F1040.
- Syllabus follows the scheme of the discipline F1030. Introductory seminar is devoted to secondary school problems in order not to outrun lessons of F1030. 1. Revision: problems of secondary school mechanics. 2. Kinematics of straightforward motion (position, velocity, acceleration). 3. Kinematics of curvilinear motion (position, velocity, acceleration, tangent and normal acceleration, charasteristics of trajectories). 4. Dynamics of a particle, Newton laws in inertial and non-inertial reference frames . 5. Complex problems of mechanics. 6. Work, mechanical energy, energy considerations in solving mechanical problems. 7. Motion of rigid bodies: impulse theorems, conservation laws. 8. Static equilibrum of liquids. 9. Dynamics of ideal and viscous liquids. 10. Revision: problems of secondary school thermal physics. 11. Temperature and its measurement. 12. Heat exchange, heat capacities, calorimetry. 13. Molecular-kinetic theory of gases. 14. Thermal properties of matter. Phase transitions.
- recommended literature
- ČERNÝ, Miroslav, Petr DUB, Jiří KOMRSKA, Michal LENC, Bohumila LENCOVÁ, Miroslav LIŠKA, Jana MUSILOVÁ, Pavla MUSILOVÁ, Jan OBDRŽÁLEK, Jiří PETRÁČEK, Jiří SPOUSTA and Marian ŠTRUNC. Fundamentals of Physics extended (D. Halliday, R. Resnick, J. Walker). Druhé přepracované vydání. Brno, ČR: Vysoké učení technické v Brně - Nakladatelství VUTIUM, 2013. 1333 pp. ISBN 978-80-214-4123-1. info
- Teaching methods
- seminar, exercise
- Assessment methods
- 3 written tests during the semester (50% score required), activity
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.