PřF:F7888 Cosmotea - Course Information
F7888 CosmoteaFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Norbert Werner, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Filip Hroch, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Norbert Werner, Ph.D.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Filip Hroch, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- One should be interested in modern astronomy. A general physical background is reccommended.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Students, teachers and scientific staff will discuss their projects (progress, difficulties,..), informs about recent progress on its field of astronomy, reports about visited conferences and interesting papers. 15 minutes talks are planed on every meeting. The talks are an ideal probationary platform for outgoing presentations.
- Learning outcomes
- Students discuss their projects (progress, difficulties, interesting papers), discuss their research, report about visited conferences and interesting papers. The presentations are typically 15 minutes long.
- All the course content will be particularized according to latest astronomy news.
- CARROLL, Bradley W. and Dale A. OSTLIE. An introduction to modern astrophysics. Reading: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1996. xvi, 1327. ISBN 0201547309. info
- Teaching methods
- 15 minutes talk and detailed discussion of two articles per semester is planed for every student. A report, including interesting points, about a visited conference or a stay will be required for participants.
- Assessment methods
- Section "Planned learning activities and teaching methods" describes fulfilling requirements.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every other week.