PřF:G5951 Contaminants in environment - Course Information
G5951 Contaminants in rock environmentFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Eva Geršlová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Josef Zeman, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Eva Geršlová, Ph.D.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Tue 8:00–9:50 G2,02003, Tue 10:00–11:50 G2,02003
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of the course is introduced students sampling procedures for different matrices, screening and laboratory methods used in evaluation of the contaminated sites, way of analytical data evaluation and processing. Two case studies will demonstrate relationship within natural environmental system.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- use the basic procedures for sampling different matrices;
- select a screening method for the initial assessment of potentially contaminated sites by organic and inorganic substances;
- Evaluate analyzes and process measured data.
- 1. Sampling technique 2. Analytical methods – inorganic compounds 3. Analytical methods – organic compounds 4. Mathematical and graphical evaluation of the measured data 5. Case study
- recommended literature
- SIEGEL, Frederic R. Environmental geochemistry of potentially toxic metals. Berlin: Springer, 2002. xii, 218. ISBN 3540420304. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, laboratory measurements
- Assessment methods
- own project construction
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Bude otevřeno v jarním semestru 2019/2020.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2019/G5951