PřF:G8601k X-ray diffractometry - Course Information
G8601k X-ray diffractometryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Jan Cempírek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Dalibor Všianský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jan Cempírek, Ph.D.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! G8600 RTG-difraktometry && ! G8601 X-ray diffractometry &&! NOW ( G8601 X-ray diffractometry ) && (( NOW ( G0101 Occupational healt and safety )&& NOW ( C7777 Handling chemicals ))||(!( PROGRAM ( D - GE4 )|| PROGRAM ( B - GE )|| PROGRAM ( N - GE )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE )|| PROGRAM ( C - CV ))))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The optional lecture for the students oriented to the mineralogy and technical mineralogy and petrology. The lecture introduce with usual X-ray powder methods and present the convenient or inappropriate methods for the different problems solution. Accessible software and methods of evaluation of difractograms are described.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course, student will be able to:
- properly prepare samples for XRD analysis;
- define requirements for data measurement and diffractometer settings;
- process, interpret, and present XRD data
- The lecture consists of the parts as follows: - theory - powder X-ray diffractometry - monocrystal X-ray diffractometry - practical lessons - excursionf to XRD labs
- JOHAN, Zdeněk, Robert ROTTER and Ervín SLÁNSKÝ. Analýza látek rentgenovými paprsky. Vyd. 1. Praha: SNTL - Nakladatelství technické literatury, 1970. 257 s. info
- Teaching methods
- associated lectures and homeworks
- Assessment methods
- written exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Bude otevřen v podzimním semestru 2019/2020.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2019/G8601k