PřF:G9301 Sedimentary basins & oil geol. - Course Information
G9301 Sedimentary basins and oil geologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Slavomír Nehyba, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Eva Geršlová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Slavomír Nehyba, Dr.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- ! G9300 Basin analysis && ( (!( PROGRAM ( D - GE4 )|| PROGRAM ( B - GE )|| PROGRAM ( N - GE )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE )|| PROGRAM ( C - CV ))) || ( NOW ( G0101 Occupational healt and safety )&& NOW ( C7777 Handling chemicals )))
Successful passing through a basic course of sedimentology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 78 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/78, only registered: 0/78, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/78
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is devoted to students of magisterial study of geology. Its goal is introduction to classification of sedimentary basins and methods of its study. The role of basin analysis in prospection for natural oil and gas is followed.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be acquainted with the basics of classification of sedimentary basins and methods of their study.
- Introduction and characteristics of the subject Sedimentary basins and methods of their study Classification of sedimentary basins. Formation of basins Sequence stratigraphy - basin fill. Subsidence. Geothermometry-termic history of the basin fill. Basin analysses within oil and gas industry.
- Einselle G.: Sediimentary Basins.-Springer-Verlag
- Tectonics of sedimentary basins. Edited by Cathy J. Busby - Raymond V. Ingersoll. Cambridge: Blackwell Science, 1995. x, 579 s. ISBN 0-86542-245-1. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, group projects
- Assessment methods
- Teaching method: lectures. Final written exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Bude otevřen v podzimním semestru 2020/2021.
The course is taught: every week.