PřF:G9381k Palaeocology - Course Information
G9381k PalaeocologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Nela Doláková, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Šárka Hladilová, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Šárka Hladilová, CSc.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Fri 11. 10. 9:00–11:00 G1,01004, Fri 13. 12. 9:00–16:00 Gs,-1011, Fri 3. 1. 10:00–11:00 G1,01004
- ! G9380 Palaeocology && ! G9381 Palaeocology && ! NOW ( G9381 Palaeocology ) && ( (!( PROGRAM ( B - GE )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE4 )|| PROGRAM ( N - GE )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE )|| PROGRAM ( C - CV ))) || ( NOW ( G0101 Occupational healt and safety )&& NOW ( C7777 Handling chemicals )))
Successful passing through a basic bachelor course of paleontology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is devoted predominantly to those students of magisterial study of the program Geology who intend to graduate in a subject of paleontology.Students will be able to analyse the general and special questions of paleoecology and to apply the methods of paleoecological research on the advanced university level in the study of fossil material.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to analyse the general and special questions of paleoecology and to apply the methods of paleoecological research on the advanced university level in the study of fossil material.
- Paleoecology, its relations to ecology & Structure of paleoecology & Basic principles of paleoecology & Life habitats of organisms (recent, past) & Relations of organisms to their environments & Populations and paleopopulations & Communities and paleocommunities & Ecosystems and paleoecosystems & Field methods of the paleoecological research & Laboratory methods of paleoecological research & Practical applications
- HLADILOVÁ, Š., ed. Dynamika vztahů marinního a kontinentálního prostředí (Dynamics of interaction between marine and continental enviroments). Brno: Masarykova univerzita Brno, 1997. 180 pp. ISBN 80-210-1714-7. info
- BRENCHLEY, Patrick J. and D. A. T. HARPER. Palaeoecology : ecosystems, environments and evolution. 1st ed. London: Chapman & Hall, 1998. xxv, 402. ISBN 0412434504. info
- BEGON, Michael, John L. HARPER and Colin R. TOWNSEND. Ekologie : jedinci, populace a společenstva. Translated by Bronislava Grygová - Barbara Köberleová - Zdeněk Brandl. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Vydavatelství Univerzity Palackého, 1997. xxiv, 949. ISBN 8070676957. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical and practical lectures
- Assessment methods
- Theoretical and practical lectures (resolution from practical themes). Oral exam - general theoretical knowledge of palaeoecological topics, ability of their practical application.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Bude otevřen v podzimním semestru 2019/2020.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2019/G9381k