PřF:IC163 MS Methods for Supramolecules - Course Information
IC163 Mass Spectrometric Methods for Supramolecular ChemistryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Ondřej Jurček, Ph.D. et PhD (lecturer)
Dr. Elina Kalenius (lecturer), Ing. Ondřej Jurček, Ph.D. et PhD (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Ondřej Jurček, Ph.D. et PhD
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- B.Sc. diploma or equivalent studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Course is focused on mass spectrometric methods, concepts, and spectra interpretation from supramolecular chemistry perspective. In addition, basics of tandem mass spectrometry methods and ion mobility mass spectrometry are discussed. Examples on different supramolecular systems and special characteristics of their analyses are given. The course consists of lectures, exercises, MS lab demonstration and exam.
- Learning outcomes
- After the course, a student is familiar with the basic concepts of mass spectrometry and methods to be used for analysis of different supramolecular chemistry compounds. A student is able to choose a suitable mass spectrometric method for an analytical problem and to interpret simple mass spectra. Student is familiar with tandem mass spectrometry methods and concept of ion mobility mass spectrometry.
- Monday 4 Nov Lecture 9-11 Introduction and general concepts in Mass Spectrometry Lecture 13-15 Ionization methods for supramolecular chemistry samples (MALDI, ESI) Tuesday 5 Nov Lecture 9-11 Ionization of supramolecules in practice and sample preparation Lecture 13-15 Mass Analyzers (Q, TOF, QQQ, QIT, FTICR, Orbitrap) Wednesday 6 Nov Lecture 9-11 Tandem mass spectrometry of supramolecules (CID, IRMPD, ECD, ER-CID, ion/molecule reactions) Lecture 13-15 Ion mobility mass spectrometry of supramolecules (DT, TIMS, TWIMS) Thursday 7 Nov Lecture 9-11 ESI mass spectra interpretation for supramolecules Exercises 13-16 Preparation of sample analysis plan for supramolecules (6+6 students) Friday 8 Nov Lab practice group 1 (6 students) 9-12 Lab practice group 2 (6 students) 13-16
- Teaching methods
- Monday 4 Nov Lecture 9-11 Lecture 13-15 Tuesday 5 Nov Lecture 9-11 Lecture 13-15 Wednesday 6 Nov Lecture 9-11 Lecture 13-15 Thursday 7 Nov Lecture 9-11 Exercises 13-16 Friday 8 Nov Lab practice group 1 (6 students) 9-12, Lab practice group 2 (6 students) 13-16
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught only once.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2019/IC163