PřF:M7400 Problem solving seminar - Course Information
M7400 Problem solving seminarFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Martin Čadek, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Ilya Kossovskiy, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Martin Čadek, CSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Wed 14:00–15:50 MS1,01016
Excellent results in basic mathematical courses.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to improve participants' problem-solving skills required to succeed in international math competetitions (e.g. IMC). The knowledge obtained at the end of the course are complementary to those usually covered in main math courses.
- Advanced problems solving in the fields of Algebra, Analysis (Real and Complex), Geometry and Combinatorics.
- recommended literature
- DE SOUZA, Paulo Ney and Jorge-Nuno SILVA. Berkeley problems in mathematics. 3rd ed. New York: Springer, 2004. xiv, 591. ISBN 0387008926. info
- Teaching methods
- Simulated competition with the discussion of selected problems and/or topics.
- Assessment methods
- Assessment based on the overall results obtained in the competition.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět určen pouze pro studenty s výbornými znalostmi matematiky s ambicí reprezentovat MU na mezinárodních soutěžích.