PřF:XD020 Half-way thesis - Course Information
XD020 Half-way thesisFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Jan Šmarda, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jan Šmarda, CSc.
Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jan Šmarda, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the subject is confrontation of original proposal of PhD project with its real progress in the middle of standard length of study and its presentation to the program board members.
- Learning outcomes
- Verification that work on the disertation project progresses in agreement with original outline. If not, the student gets feedback and advice how to proceed further from board members to complete the Ph.D. study succesfully.
- 1. Student submits written data for self-evaluation to the chair of the board. In at least three pages of A4 format, he/she describes aims of the thesis, summarizes the results obtained, the ways of their presentation and plan for the second half of the study. 2. Student gives a short 10 min talk on the half-way thesis seminar organized for all students in the program Molecular and Cell Biology and Genetics who completed the 4th semester of the study. He/She sums up the state of solution of the Ph.D. project and decribes the work plan of the second half of the study, including the term of state exam. Student has indicate any problematic items that might threaten proper finalization of the study. In following discussion, he/she is supposed to answer questions of the board members. 3. If program board finds any imperfections, it recommends steps to remedy. 4. Students who cannot attend the half-way study seminar from serious reasons, such as illnesś or stay abroad, can substitute their absence in the next run of this event next semester.
- Teaching methods
- Self-evaluation report and oral presentation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět si studenti programu Molekulární a buněčná bniologie a genetika povinně zapisují v 5. semestru studia. Podmínkou zápočtu je je odevzdání písemné zprávy o stavu řešení disertačního projektu a ústní sdělení před členy oborové rady.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Týká se studentů doktorského programu Molekulární a buněčná biologie a genetika v 5. semestru studia.