PřF:XS080 Special pedagogy - Course Information
XS080 Special pedagogyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Pavla Pitnerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Marie Vítková, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Marie Vítková, CSc.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Mgr. Ilona Fialová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Thu 14:00–15:50 G2,02003
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 42 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 40/42, only registered: 0/42, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/42
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 22 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- After successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
a) define a children with special educational needs;
b) identify the individual needs of pupils;
c) use the sklills of disability in its educational practice;
d) choose methods of working and learning style for children with special educational needs;
e) evaluate the effectiveness of education of pupils.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to:
• to explain and to reflect the principles of inclusive education at the level of culture, politics and practice of the school in their educational and educational activities;
• can critically reflect on its own attitude towards inclusive education and its own ability to create an inclusive classroom environment;
• Be able to organize, effectively communicate and lead the work of a multidisciplinary team;
• in collaboration with parents, pupil and counseling facility, can develop an individual educational plan, a pedagogical support plan;
• will be familiar with the basic methods and forms of work with the heterogeneous group (adaptation of ways of mediating the curriculum, teaching materials, organizational forms of work, class organization, evaluation, etc.) and will be able to use them appropriately in teaching;
• can modify learning materials and activities with respect to pupils' needs;
• will know the standard compensatory aids, special teaching aids and support or replacement communication systems for pupils with SEN.
- The current concept of special education, a system of care for the peoples with disabilities. The possibility of integration of children with special educational needs, legislation.
- Basic terminology, categories, methods of diagnosis and the special pedagogy. Etiology, classification of individual disabilities, the possibility of education. Barriers for education of pupils with special educational needs.
- The integrated educational-psychological advisory system, education of pupils with disability.
- required literature
- BARTOŇOVÁ, Miroslava and Pavla PITNEROVÁ. Strategie vzdělávání žáků se speciálními vzdělávacími potřebami na střední škole. První vydání. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2012. viii, 221. ISBN 9788021060012. info
- recommended literature
- HÁJKOVÁ, Vanda a Iva STRNADOVÁ. Inkluzivní vzdělávání: [teorie a praxe]. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 2010, 216 s. ISBN 978-802-4730-707.
- LECHTA, V. (ed.). Základy inkluzivní pedagogiky. Vydání první. Praha: Portál, s.r.o., 2010. ISBN 978-80-7367-679-7.
- not specified
- RENOTIÉROVÁ, M., LUDÍKOVÁ, L. a kol. Speciální pedagogika. Olomouc: UP, 2003. ISBN 80-244-0646-2.
- MÜLLER, O. a kol. Dítě se speciálními vzdělávacími potřebami v běžné škole. Olomouc: UP, 2001. 288 s. ISBN 80-244-0231-9.
- VALENTA, M. Přehled speciální pedagogiky a školská integrace. Olomouc: UP, 2003. ISBN 80-244-0698-5.
- Teaching methods
- Seminar, discussion, practical examples, video, literature reading.
- Assessment methods
- Final project - essay. Tasks will be specified by teachers.
Final written test consists of open questions and closed questions. To pass you need to score at least 65%.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- On-line study materials: Special Education: