PřF:Z0017K Diploma Thesis Seminar 1 - Course Information
Z0017K Diploma Thesis Seminar 1 - CartographyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Kubíček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Tomáš Řezník, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Kubíček, CSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Petr Kubíček, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Z0017K/01: Wed 11:00–12:50 Z3,02045, P. Kubíček, T. Řezník
- Knowledge on the level of a graduate of Bachelor studies in the domains of Geographic cartography and Geoinformatics is expected.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- An aim of the subject is to improve presentation and writing skills of students as preparation for master thesis writing. Students will be able to define own master thesis subject, to discuss hypothesis, to sketch the research, to interpret results of research, to propose solution of problem.
- Learning outcomes
- Learning outcomes can be summarized as follows: competence to analyze basic phenomena and processes related to the issue of the diploma thesis; competence to apply basic methods of research relevant from the point of view of the diploma thesis; competence to interpret basic results of own research.
- Professional training of students. Within this framework, they practice and improve the following skills important for the successful completion of the diploma thesis and its defense:
- - topic selection;
- - setting goals, research questions, hypotheses;
- - working with professional literature;
- - methodology;
- - presentation of the results;
- - interpretation of results;
- - formal issues (text structure, interconnection, formal errors, ...);
- - DP defense.
- MEŠKO, Dušan, Dušan KATUŠČÁK and Ján FINDRA. Akademická příručka. České, upr. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 2006. 481 s. ISBN 8080632197. info
- Teaching methods
- Class discussions about objectives of master thesis and critical presentations of own homework’s are the main teaching methods.
- Assessment methods
- The conditions for a successful finishing of the course is 85% attendance in the seminars, plus participation in the discussion, homework’s and individual presentation of the master thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses