PřF:Z7149 Geoinformatics - practice - Course Information
Z7149 Geoinformatics - practiceFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Tomáš Řezník, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Tomáš Řezník, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Tomáš Řezník, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Z7149/01: Tue 14:00–15:50 Z1,01001b, T. Řezník
- KREDITY_MIN ( 100 )
Knowledge on the level of a basic course of Geoinformatics and Cartography is expected.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 18 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 7/18, only registered: 0/18
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This subject is aimed towards the field of GIS (Geographical Information Systems) with primary aim to learn the main theoretical and practical approaches in this field of study. Student will be able to practically use GIS in the educational field (e.g. to create a map that will be correct from a cartographical point of view). At the same time, (s)he will able to explain theoretical background of this approach. Whole subject deals with issues of GIS usage in lessons of Geography at high schools.
- Learning outcomes
- Outputs from the learning process comprise comptences on critical evaluation of geospatial data resources from the point of view of their applicability for education at the level of high school, knowledge and presentation of modern geospatial techniques (especially Geographic Information System, Global Navigation System of Systems, Remote Sensing, Location Based Services) as well as experience with preparation of student-oriented maps at a high school.
- 1. Basic principles of digital Cartography 2. Quantitative features reporting in digital environment 3. Principles of cartographical visualization in GIS 4. Application of cartographical rules in map creating process 5. Basic operations when creating underlayed map 6. Free data resources and tools for its processing 7. Plan of geographical seminar with GIS thematic at high school 8. Selection, editation, clip 9. Data classification 10. Labels of geographical features 11. Georeferencing 12. Map export optimization
- Pracujeme s geografickým informačním systémem ARCView GIS : poznejte svět počítačových map a geografických informačních systémů pro každého. Vyd. 1. Praha: Computer Press, 1999. xi., 364. ISBN 8072262149. info
- TUČEK, Ján. Geografické informační systémy : principy a praxe. Vyd. 1. Praha: Computer Press, 1998. xiv., 364. ISBN 807226091X. info
- Teaching methods
- Usage of the GIS applications in the PC with simultaneous explanation of the general GI(S) principles
- Assessment methods
- Practical test of GIS in PC study room.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: pouze pro studenty učitelství geografie a kartografie