PřF:Z8154 Programming in geoinformatics - Course Information
Z8154 Programming in geoinformaticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/3. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Karel Staněk, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Šilhák (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Karel Staněk, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Karel Staněk, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 11:00–11:50 Z1,01001b
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- KREDITY_MIN ( 90 )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 10/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 10 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Aim of the course is to make students familiar with basic programming procedures and their use in available GIS software. Initial part of the course is focused on programming language Python and its use in the ArcGIS environment. Beside basic principles of the Python, API, data model and core functionality of the ArcGIS will be reviewed. The end of the course will be focused on pyqgis library in QuantumGIS environment.
- Learning outcomes
- - ability to algorithmize a simple geoprocessing task - ability to identify task demanded classes and calls from an OO API documentation - to design and compile a geoprocessing Python script in ArcGIS - to design and compile a geoprocessing Python script in QGIS
- 1. Pinciples of programming 2. Conditions and iterrations 3. Base features of Python I. 4. Base features of Python II. 5. Scripting envinonment in ArcGIS 6. Data model ArcGIS 7. Scripting of functions in ArcGIS principles 8. Scripting of functions in ArcGIS base functions 9. Pyqgis library 10. Geodata modelling and scripting in QGIS 11. Custom functions programming in QGIS exercises syllabus: 1. Possibilities of automation in ArcGIS Desktop (calculation, Model Builder). 2. Basics of programming language Python. 3. Data types, variables, commands. 4. Conditions, cycles. 5. Procedures, functions, program debugging. 6. Basics of object oriented programming. 7. Usage of basic components (Label, EditBox, Button, CheckBox), handling events in ArcGIS Desktop. 8. Toolbox implementation in ArcGIS Desktop. 9. Data processing in personal geodatabase. 10. Automated data processing with ArcGIS Extensions. 11. Automated geometry modification of spatial data.
- Teaching methods
- lectures and practical exercises
- Assessment methods
- course is finished by graded credit. An evaluation comprehend 1 final written test and 2 written tests run during semester
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.