PřF:Bi9441 Diploma theses III. - Course Information
Bi9441 Diploma theses III.Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- vedoucí diplomové práce (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Milan Baláž, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Miloš Barták, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Cempírková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Jaroslava Dubová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Jan Gloser, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Vít Gloser, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Marie Kummerová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Peter Váczi, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Štěpán Zezulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Vít Gloser, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Věra Faronová
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi6082 Bachelor state exam of Special biology && ( NOW ( JA002 Advanced Examination in English for Specific Purposes - Science ) || NOW ( JF002 Advanced Examination in French for Specific Purposes - Science ) || NOW ( JN002 Advanced Examination in German for Specific Purposes - Science ) || NOW ( JR002 Russian for Spec. Purposes-B2 ) || NOW ( JS002 Advanced Examination in Spanish for Specific Purposes - Science )) || ( JA002 Advanced Examination in English for Specific Purposes - Science || JF002 Advanced Examination in French for Specific Purposes - Science || JN002 Advanced Examination in German for Specific Purposes - Science || JR002 Russian for Spec. Purposes-B2 || JS002 Advanced Examination in Spanish for Specific Purposes - Science )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to encourage students to write the thesis meeting all the requirements. Completion of this course (and the subsequent courses) will ensure that the student submits the thesis agreed by the supervisor. At the end of the course (and the subsequent courses), the student should be prepared for a successful defense of the thesis, which is a part of the final state examination.
- Learning outcomes
- Working on diploma thesis, students will learn to:
- use scientific literature;
- arrange, compile, analyze, summarize, evaluate and reproduce scientific information;
- create scientific text;
- analyze specific problem, create and critically evaluate solutions;
- create experimental design and conduct specified experiments independently;
- integrate theoretical knowledge to experimental work;
- perform methods specific for the field of study;
- analyze the results using statistical and graphical methods;
- formulate own results and ideas, criticize and discuss them with literature;
- present the results and conclusions of experimental or theoretical scientific work;
- contribute to research in particular field.
- Students have regularly consultancy with supervisor and arrange together next plan and consultancies.
- Students learn individually or in groups to work with internet literature databases and rules of the work with scientific literature, scientific writing and citation rules.
- In cooperation with the supervisor, students plan experiments and work on them independently.
- Students work independently on diploma thesis under supervision.
- SYNEK, Miloslav and Helena SEDLÁČKOVÁ. Diplomová práce : (metodický návod jak psát diplomové a seminární práce). 1. vyd. Praha: Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze, 1994. 52 s. ISBN 8070797967. info
- ŠESTÁK, Zdeněk. Jak psát a přednášet o vědě. Illustrated by Hana Kymrová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 1999. 204 s. ISBN 8020007555. info
- Teaching methods
- Consultation with supervisor, study of scientific literature and work with it (work with internet literature databases), working on thesis. Experimental work in the laboratory or research in the field. Individual work of students under supervision.
- Assessment methods
- Credits are awarded for achievements in preparing the thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/Bi9441