PřF:G8311 Physics of the Earth, Geodyn. - Course Information
G8311 Physics of the Earth and GeodynamicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Petr Špaček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martin Chadima (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petr Špaček, Ph.D.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Tue 10:00–10:50 Gp,02006, Tue 11:00–11:50 Gp,02006
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- G1100 Principles of Geophysics || G1101k Principles of Geophysics || G1101 Principles of Geophysics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 32 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 5/32, only registered: 0/32, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/32
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course are the following: Basic structural and compositional features of the Earth, physical aspects of geodynamics and rheology of lithosphere. Basics of seismology.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to explain priciples and give main examples of extracting the basic information on Earth from geophysical data in regional to global scale.
- Composition, structure and internal dynamics of the Earth.
- Gravity and figure of the Earth, interpretation of gravity anomalies and gravity maps.
- Cooling of the Earth.
- Rheology of the lithosphere.
- recommended literature
- LOWRIE, William. Fundamentals of geophysics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997. xiv, 354 s. ISBN 0-521-46728-4. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- final test (attendance at lectures, activity and running assignments may be taken into account). In the case of a crisis pandemic situation, the course will be completed in the autumn semester of 2020 by distance form.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Bude otevřen v podzimním semestru 2020/2021.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/G8311