PřF:Bi8761 Introd. to Field Inv. Zool. - Course Information
Bi8761 Introduction to Field Invertebrate ZoologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Jana Schenková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Michal Horsák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Andrea Bardůnek Valigurová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Igor Malenovský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Petr Pařil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Radka Pecková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Mgr. Stanislav Pekár, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Eva Řehulková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Mária Seifertová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Dipl. Biol. Jiří Schlaghamerský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Sychra, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Marie Zhai, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jana Schenková, Ph.D.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Jana Schenková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 20. 2. to Mon 22. 5. Thu 9:00–10:50 D36/223, Thu 9:00–10:50 D36/225
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( Bi1030 Inverteb. phylog. & divers. && (! Bi6365 Bachel. thesis zool. II. || ! Bi6016 Bachelor thesis biol. II. )) || SOUHLAS
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 21 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/21, only registered: 0/21, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/21
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: use basic field and laboratory methods of studying the invertebrates; use basic knowledge necessary to study the animals in the field (choice of localities, sampling material, creating collections and databases); make reasoned decisions about their topic of bachelor theses.
- 1. Faunistic research bases: localization, selection of locality, material collection and conservation, databases creating 2. Designing field studies 3. Aquatic ecosystems – running waters – methods of study 4. Aquatic ecosystems – running waters – invertebrates (insects excluded) – ecology, material sampling, conservation 5. Aquatic ecosystems – running waters – insects – material sampling, conservation 6. Aquatic ecosystems – stagnant waters – methods of study 7. Aquatic macro- and meiofauna research on spring fens as a model habitat 8. Terrestrial ecosystems – soil zoology – methods of study, material sampling, conservation 9. Terrestrial ecosystems – entomology – methods of study, material sampling, conservation 10. Parasitology – unicellular parasites – methods of study 11. Parasitology – Platyhelminthes – methods of study 12. Parasitology – Acanthocephala, Nematoda – methods of study
- SOUTHWOOD, Richard and P. A. HENDERSON. Ecological methods. 3rd ed. Malden, Mass.: Blackwell Science, 2000. xv, 575. ISBN 0632054778. info
- DYKYJOVÁ, Dagmar. Metody studia ekosystémů. 1. vyd. Praha: Academia, 1989. 690 s. info
- WINKLER, Josef R. Sbíráme hmyz a zakládáme entomologickou sbírku. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní zemědělské nakladatelství, 1974. 211 s. : i. info
- Hrabě, S., 1981: Vodní máloštětinatci (Oligochaeta) Československa [aquatic Oligochaeta of Czechoslovakia]. – Acta Universitatis Carolinae, Biologia 1979: 1–168.
- Barker, G.M. (ed.), 2001. The Biology of Terrestrial Molluscs. CABI Publishing, Wallingford.
- Ložek V., 1956. Klíč československých měkkýšů [Key of Czechoslovak Molluscs]. Vydavatelstvo SAV, Bratislava.
- Sawyer, R.T., 1986: Leech biology and Behaviour, vol. 1-3. Clarendon Press, Oxford.
- Teaching methods
- lecture, laboratory exercise
- Assessment methods
- Introduction to Field Invertebrate Zoology is an exceptional subject, which was composed in order to present all main methods, which are used in particular research groups of Department of Botany and Zoology, which are specialized on invertebrates. Students will at the end of course write final test to show knowledge of field methods. Presence at all lectures and practical courses is required, it is possible to skip one lesson, but only after writing the reason.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Určeno pouze pro studenty 1. nebo 2. ročníku Bc studia