C8967 15N NMR SpectroscopyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s) (plus 1 credit for an exam). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. Radek Marek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- prof. RNDr. Radek Marek, Ph.D.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Target group: advanced undergraduates and Ph.D. students Prerequisites: basic knowledge of high-resolution NMR spectroscopy
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Syllabus (in Czech)
- 1.-2. Basics of NMR spectroscopy: general considerations, 14N vs. 15N, natural abundance, line shape, relaxation, NOE, polarization transfer, 1H-15N correlation experiments 3.-4. NMR in solution: 15N NMR chemical shift, X-15N coupling constants, magnetic field gradients, optimization of experiments, probeheads 5.-6. Solid-state NMR: 15N chemical shift tensor (CST), chemical shift anisotropy, principal components of CST, 15N CP/MAS, 1H-15N dipolar couplings, interatomic distances 7.-8. Quantum chemical calculations of 15N NMR parameters: geometry, chemical shielding, indirect spin-spin couplings 9.-10. Structural problems: regioisomerism, rotational isomerism, tautomerism, protonation, complexation, N-oxidation 11.-14: Applications: Interpretation of high-resolution 1H-15N NMR spectra, practical aspects
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught once in two years.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2018/C8967