PřF:GI241 Exploration of the ore bodies - Course Information
GI241 Challenges related to exploration of the ore bodiesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Dan Wood (lecturer), doc. Mgr. Jan Cempírek, Ph.D. (deputy)
doc. Mgr. Jan Cempírek, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
Mgr. Jaroslav Šamánek (seminar tutor)
- doc. RNDr. Rostislav Melichar, Dr.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 28 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Understanding of modern ore deposit exploration methods, with special regard to recent developments in the field, and deep ore bodies.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to:
- assess issues related to modern mineral exploration
- assess methods of mineral exploration of deep ore bodies
- Three talks on ore exploration topics:
- 1. Future Exploration
- 2. Discovery Challenges with Deeper Ore Bodies
- 3. Discovery of Kencana epithermal Au deposit)
- Teaching methods
- Three lectures (3 x 1 hour)
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught only once.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Bude otevřen v jarním semestru 2017/2018.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: Pondělí 7. května 2018.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2018/GI241