PřF:S2007 Fluorescence in LS - practice - Course Information
S2007 Fluorescence methods in life sciences - practiceFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus 1 for the colloquium). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Ctirad Hofr, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- doc. Mgr. Ctirad Hofr, Ph.D.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Ctirad Hofr, Ph.D.
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( S2006 Fluorescence in life sciences )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Spectral characterization of proteins and nucleic acids Accurate determination of concentration of nucleic acids and proteins by fluorescence and absorption spectroscopy (colorimetry) Effects of pH and temperature on spectral properties of fluorophores Measurement of intrinsic fluorescence of BSA, tryptophan, and thyroxin Preparation of fluorescently labeled DNA Spectroscopic characterization of fluorescently labeled DNA Visualization of macromolecules after electrophoretic separation Use of resonance energy transfer (FRET) for detection of DNA hybridization Fluorescence quenching after relaxation of loop structure of fluorescently labeled DNA Real-time PCR – Detection of DNA amplification Fluorescence microscopy (fluorescence in situ hybridization) Fluorescence anisotropy – Study of protein binding to a fluorescently labeled DNA
- LAKOWICZ, Joseph R. Principles of fluorescence spectroscopy. 3rd ed. New York: Springer, 2006. xxvi, 954. ISBN 0387312781. info
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.