LF:MCC060 MU Life Sciences Seminar - Course Information
MCC060 Masaryk University Life Sciences Seminar sponsored by CEITEC and ICRCFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Lumír Krejčí, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. Mgr. Vítězslav Bryja, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Vladimír Sklenář, DrSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Dáša Bohačiaková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Mgr. Marek Mráz, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Ľubomíra Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Mgr. Stanislav Pekár, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Prokop, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Karel Říha, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lucie Nesvadbová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Lumír Krejčí, Ph.D.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Lumír Krejčí, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Students need to have knowledge of biology and other fields (according to the Mendel lecture topic) at university level.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- MU Life Sciences Seminar is an ongoing prestigious seminar series at UKB and Mendel museum in the interconnected and complementary fields, collectively called "Life Sciences". The seminar series is focused on currently growing fields, which combine modern methods of biophysics, computational modelling, imaging, biochemistry and molecular biology with "more classical" disciplines such as microbiology, cell biology, physiology, genetics, toxicology, developmental and evolutionary biology and medicine. The purpose of the seminar series is to invite renowned speakers from abroad, establish and develop professional contacts, create a Seminar Series of excellence, which will inspire and motivate both scientists and students at MU, and finally, to promote mutual contacts and interaction between individual labs/departments working at UKB. The seminars are held at the University Campus (A11/132) on Thursday afternoon from 16:00 followed by an open reception in front of the lecture room. The most prestigious speakers are invited to give a lecture within Mendel Lectures, which are held in the Refectory of Augustinian Abbey at Mendel square from 17:00.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will obtain knowledge about currently growing fields, which combine modern methods of biophysics, computational modelling, imaging, biochemistry and molecular biology with "more classical" disciplines such as microbiology, cell biology, physiology, genetics, toxicology, developmental and evolutionary biology and medicine.
- The actual program: www.mendellectures.muni.cz and www.ceitec.eu/life-sciences-seminar-series/t9796
- VOET, Donald, Judith G. VOET and Charlotte W. PRATT. Fundamentals of biochemistry : life at the molecular level. 3rd ed. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons, 2008. xxx, 1099. ISBN 9780470129302. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminar; Lecture & presentation
- Assessment methods
- 80 % of obligatory attendance (Mendel lectures excluded) or upon decision of student´s supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/MCC060