No special astronomical knowledge are needed. However it is neccesary to know secondary school math and physics. All above this limit will be explained. This course is suitable for all students interested in astronomy.This course is meant especially to them, who do not have basic astronomical knowledge yet and want to study astrophysics or for all who are interesting in astronomy and astrophysics. It is suitable for advanced amateur astronomers, teachers, editors, popularizers.
Course Enrolment Limitations
The course is offered to students of any study field.
This course is a continuation of the course F1251 (Basic of astronomy 1) and its aim is to bring into line and harmonise basic astronomical knowledge. After this course student is able to effectively study following astronomical courses. In the end of this course student should have basic knowledge about physics of stars, stellar clusters, galaxies and cosmology.
This course follows the course F1251 and the summary of the basic astronomy is completed here. The text(book) is available in pdf form on http://astro.physics.muni.cz or http://www.physics.muni.cz/~zejda/student.html.
1. Stars from the distance - spectroskopy, HRD, interferometry, binaries
2. Stars - close view - Anatomy of stars; Equation of hydrostatic equilibrium; transfer of energy; sources of energy
3. Sun - activity, events
4. Creation, evolution and death of stars 1
5. Creation, evolution and death of stars 2 - creation of planetary systems
6. Stellar clusters; Binaries
7. Our Galaxy - models, co-ordinates, interstellar material, structure
8. Among galaxies - distrubition, types
9. Large scale universe; AGN, quasars
10. Cosmology 1 - Our Universe - models, evolution, Hubble relation
11. Cosmology 2 - Evolutions of universe, Big Bang Theory
12. Dangerous space?
Classic lectures, practical works and class exercises, added by observations. Written documents for practical works are in textbook on http://www.physics.muni.cz/~zejda/student.html or on the website of seminar tutors.
Successful passing of this course will be granted after the processing of practical works, fulfilment of participation condition, passing of two writing tests during semester (50 % is needed to pass) and one writing test at the exam. At the exam student had to show knowledge about chosen subject and show understanding of solution of one of solved practical works.