FI:PA200 Cloud Computing - Course Information
PA200 Cloud ComputingFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Ing. Milan Brož, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Došek (lecturer), Mgr. Kamil Malinka, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Marek Grác, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mohamed Wassim Issaoui (lecturer), Mgr. Kamil Malinka, Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Kamil Malinka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Boris Parák (lecturer), Mgr. Kamil Malinka, Ph.D. (deputy)
Ing. Petr Vlach, MBA (lecturer), Mgr. Kamil Malinka, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: Mgr. Kamil Malinka, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 8:00–9:50 C511
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- PA018 Advanced Topics in IT Security || PA151 Advanced Computer Networks || PA159 Net-Centric Computing I || PA191 Advanced Computer Networking || PV017 IT Security || PV157 Authentication and AC
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 16 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Graguate of this course shall be able to:
- understand basic concepts of cloud computing technologies and infrastructure
- select appropriate methods for design and practical deployment of cloud systems and applications
- 1. Overview of cloud computing
- 2. Cloud computing concepts
- 3. Cloud Service Delivery Models
- 4. Cloud Deployment Scenarios
- 5. Cloud infrastructure – virtualization
- 6. Cloud infrastructure – data repositories
- 7. Cloud structure
- 8. Cloud Security - Security in Cloud Computing
- 9. Cloud providers
- 10. Transition & Migration to cloud computing environment
- 11. Standards in cloud computing
- 12. Scientific clouds - distributed computing and data storage infrastructure
- Teaching methods
- Lectures with slides, term project, consultations about projects
- Assessment methods
- During course, a non-trivial project of cloud implementation will be released. Its elaboration is mandatory. The course is finished with final colloquium. Credit will be awarded based on the project's implementation, submission of project documentation and the final oral presentation of project's implementation. The student will response associated questions.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.