LF:MFST081p Statistics-lec. - Course Information
MFST081p Statistics - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Danka Haruštiaková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Jiří Jarkovský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Denisa Krejčí (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Jarmila Siegelová, DrSc.
Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Leona Dunklerová
Supplier department: Department of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Thu 15:00–17:00 D29/347-RCX2
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physiotherapy (programme LF, N-SZ) (2)
- Course objectives
- Aim of the subject is to provide students with knowledge necessary to collection, analyze and presentation of data and verifying hypothesis. The sense of it is to point out the advantages and partial limitations of statistics. Students should be enabled understanding to subject-specific literature, using statistic information and evaluation of the results of statistical search.
- Methods of random sampling. Rules for probabilities calculations, Bayes formula. Frequency and distributional function of normal and binomic distribution, work with tables. Schedule of survey sampling. Calculation and interpretation of average values. Calculation and interpretation of variability indicators. Choice criteria for suitable position and variability indicators. Assessment of normal distribution parameters. Probability assessment. Comparison of average and probable values (u-test, t-test). Pearsons correlation coefficient, regression line. Sequential correlation coefficient. Chi-squared test. Sign test, Wilcoxons test for comparison of two samples level. Risk calculation in prospective and retrospective studies.
- GERYLOVOVÁ, Anna and Jan HOLČÍK. Úvod do statistiky. Text pro semináře. 2. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2000. 31 pp. ISBN 80-210-2301-5. info
- GERYLOVOVÁ, Anna and Jan HOLČÍK. Statistical methodology in medical research. Vyd. 1. V Brně: Lékařská fakulta Univerzity J.E. Purkyně, 1990. 262 s. ISBN 80-210-0271-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials