FI:PV191 Project of Designing Dig.Syst. - Course Information
PV191 Project of Designing Digital SystemsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Zbyněk Bureš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Aleš Horák, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 10:00–11:50 A415
- A prerequisite is completion of courses PA174-Design of the Digital Systems-II and PA176-Architecture of the Digital Systems-II or PV170-Konstrukce číslicových systémů and PV172-Architektura číslicových systémů.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 33 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is suitable for students who are processing final theses. One is aimed on practical solutions of the particular problems of digital systems development. The aim is to gain practical experience and skills in implementation and management of research and development activities related to the analysis, design and implementation of specialized circuits, digital system.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to: independent work in the design and implementation of the digital system
- IRDa port design, market analysis
- Data transmission using IRDa
- Current RF technology data transmission, market analysis
- Design of security device using RF data communication
- Freescale digital barometer data processing with barometric pressure display
- Touch graphical display control application
- Position and altitude display using GPS module
- MEMSIC accelerometer data filtration - inclinometer
- Hitachi Compass module control, azimuth measurement
- Humidity and temperature module data processing – display application
- Distance measurement using ultrasonic rangefinder module with object counter using reflexive IR module
- Qiug Li with Caroline Yao: Real Tme Concepts for Embeded Systems. CMP Books
- 3. HDL - Chip Design, Douglas J. Smith, ISBN 0-9651934-3-8
- Teaching methods
- Individual or group project.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination rests on defense of the design and implementation of particular project.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.