PdF:SZ6654 Inclusive Education - Course Information
SZ6654 Inclusive EducationFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/.3. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. et Mgr. Jana Magerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Mgr. Jan Viktorin, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Karel Pančocha, Ph.D., M.Sc.
Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Supplier department: Department of Special and Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Fri 9. 11. 8:00–11:50 učebna 51
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOWANY ( SZ6054 Inclusive Education , SZ6653 School Management )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School and Language School Teacher Training in English Language (eng.) (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to prepare future teachers or to support already practicing teachers when they work with pupils with diverse abilities and needs in the inclusive classroom environment. The course will address the factors influencing the quality of inclusive education at the school and class level and will emphasize the creation and development of the knowledge and especially the practical skills necessary for the teacher's work in an inclusive classroom. The goal of the course is to develop students' skills in the following areas: personality prerequisites of the teacher (attitudes and values associated with inclusive education, reflexivity); communication (with a pupil with SEN, classroom, teacher assistant, parents, experts, etc.); principles and organization of inclusive classroom work (organization of teaching, individualization, differentiation, supportive measures, modification of teaching materials, assessment); knowledge of selected compensating aids and their use.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- explain and in his/her pedagogical practice reflect the principles of inclusive education at the level of school culture, politics and practice;
- critically consider his/her own attitude towards inclusive education and his/her skills to create an inclusive environment in the classroom;
-organize, effectively communicate and manage the work of a multidisciplinary team;
-in cooperation with parents, pupil and counselling facility elaborate individual educational plan, respectively plan of pedagogical support;
- acquaint with basic methods and forms of work with a heterogeneous group (adaptation of ways of mediating learning, teaching materials, organizational forms of work, class organization, assessment, etc.) and use them appropriately in teaching;
- modify teaching materials and activities with respect to pupils´ needs;
- know standard compensation aids, special teaching aids and supportive or alternative communication systems for pupils with SEN.
- 1. Inclusive education. 2. Class in inclusive setting – pupil with SEN and other pupils. 3. Role of a teacher in a multidisciplinary team. 4. Organization of classroom teaching with a focus on supportive measures. 5. Methods and forms of teacher's work in an inclusive class. 6. Supportive measures for pupils with the need for support in education due to specific learning difficulties. 7. Supportive measures for pupils with the need for support in education due to behavioral disorders. 8. Supportive measures for pupils with the need for support in education due to impaired communication ability. 9. Supportive measures for pupils with the need for support in education due to social disadvantage. 10. Supportive measures for pupils with the need for support in education due to physical disability and serious illness. 11. Supportive measures for pupils with the need for support in education due to intellectual disability or cognitive disadvantage, autism spectrum disorder or selected mental illnesses. 12. Supportive measures for pupils with the need for support in education due to visual impairment or weakening of visual perception. 13. Supportive measures for pupils with the need for support in education due to hearing impairment or weakening of hearing perception.
- Bartoňová, M. (2014). Approaches to students with learning disorders in inclusive school environment. Brno: Masaryk University.
- Bartoňová, M. (2014). Students with intellectual disability in inclusive education settings. Brno: Masaryk University.
- Bartoňová, M., Vítková, M., Vrubel, M. (2014). Inclusion in education for students with special educational needs from the perspective of research. Brno: Masaryk University.
- Bartoňová, M., Vítková, M. et al. (2017). Support measures for students with special education needs in mainstream schools in the Czech Republic and abroad. Brno: Masaryk University.
- Bočková, B., Bytešníková, I., Horáková, R., Kopečný, P. (2016). Options in speech therapy intervention from an early age to adulthood. Brno: Masaryk University.
- Friend, M., Bursuck, W. D. (2014). Including students with special needs: a practical guide for classroom teachers. Harlow: Pearson.
- Heward, W. L. (2014). Exceptional children: an introduction to special education. Harlow: Pearson.
- Pipeková, J., Vítková, M. et al. (2015). Social inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities. Brno: Masaryk University.
- Vítková, M., Kopečný, P. (2014). Strategies in the education of students with severe disabilities extending into young adulthood. Brno: Masaryk University.
- Vrubel, M., Röderová, P., Jágerová, N. (2017). Education, support and rehabilitation for people with visual impairments. Brno: Masaryk University.
- Teaching methods
- Group discussions, cooperative learning, portfolio preparation, experiential activities, reading of selected texts, creating a mental map, presentation of examples of good practice.
- Assessment methods
- To be awarded credits the student has to: attendance; hand in assigned reading and reading tasks approved by teacher; active participation during lectures, activities and discussions; team project and its presentation; creation of porfolio.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 hodiny.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information