ESF:BPF_FIRI Financial Management - Course Information
BPF_FIRI Financial ManagementFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Ing. František Kalouda, CSc., MBA (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Bc. Petr Suchánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. František Kalouda, CSc., MBA (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zuzana Rakovská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Martina Sponerová (seminar tutor)
Ing. Daniel Stašek (seminar tutor)
Ing. Dagmar Vágnerová Linnertová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. František Kalouda, CSc., MBA
Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Iva Havlíčková
Supplier department: Department of Finance - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Wed 14:00–15:50 P101
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
BPF_FIRI/02: Mon 12:00–13:50 P106, M. Sponerová
BPF_FIRI/03: Mon 14:00–15:50 P303, M. Sponerová
BPF_FIRI/04: Wed 8:00–9:50 P303, F. Kalouda
BPF_FIRI/05: Wed 10:00–11:50 P303, F. Kalouda
BPF_FIRI/06: Tue 8:00–9:50 P302a, D. Stašek
BPF_FIRI/07: Thu 16:00–17:50 P106, Z. Rakovská
BPF_FIRI/08: Wed 16:00–17:50 P104, F. Kalouda
BPF_FIRI/09: Mon 16:00–17:50 P302a, F. Kalouda
BPF_FIRI/10: Thu 12:00–13:50 P302a, D. Vágnerová Linnertová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 500 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 205/500, only registered: 0/500, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/500
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 29 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is designed as the first entry for students of all disciplines and specialties to issues of corporate finance and financial management. The course focuses mainly on the basic functions of financial management - the acquisition of financing resources, their allocation by transfer to non-monetary forms of property and distribution of profit. Key issues in the areas of capital and financial markets, the value of a company, financial planning and financial management of foreign trade activities are contented.
- Learning outcomes
- After successful completion, students will have: a) Key findings of the theory of corporate finance b) Practical algorithms of financial management firm within the range: 1) property and financial structure management (break even point analysis) 2) cost calculation 3) efficiency of corporate investment
- 1.Instruction organization, credits and tests. Corporate finance, financial objectives and company resources, introduction to the property and financial structure of a company. The evolution of corporate finance as applied science discipline. 2. Companies financial decision-making with a special focus on investment management and product innovation. Introduction to the assessment of the investment efficiency. Introduction to cost calculation. 3. Financial aspects of setting up a company. Company ownership structure. 4. The management of short-term assets. 5. Financial structure of the company. 6. Valuation of financial assets. 7. Company cash flow. 8. Fundamentals of corporate financial analysis. 9. Financial markets and corporate finance. 10. Valuation of a company. 11. Financial planning. 12. The financial health a company and prediction of financial shortcoming. 13. Introduction to the financial management of foreign exchange. Topics of seminars: 1. Organization of seminars, the requirements for accession to the test. Seminary works task. 2. T1 - Basic sources of information about the company (accounting documentation - profit and loss account and balance sheet). Property and financial structure - introduction (financial and operating leverage, net working capital, financing strategy). 3. T1 - Operating lever applications in company development models (break even point analysis). 4. T1 - Test 1 on T1 theme. 5. Presentation of seminary works I. 6. T2 - Introduction to cost calculation, I (cost sorting, absorption method of calculation - the division costing and rate figure costing). 7. T2 - Introduction to cost calculation II (absorption methods of calculation – the overheads percentage method, marginal costing, activity-based costing). 8. T2 - Test 2 on T2 theme. 9. Presentation of seminary works II. 10. T3 - Assessment of investments’ efficiency I (static methods). 11. T3 - Assessment of investments’ efficiency II (dynamic methods). 12. T3 - Test 3 on T3 theme. 13. Introduction to financial analysis (financial health of companies and prediction of financial shortcoming).
- required literature
- KALOUDA, František. Finanční řízení podniku. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, 2019. 261 stran. ISBN 9788073807566. info
- KALOUDA, František. Finanční analýza a řízení podniku. 3. rozšířené vydání. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, 2017. 328 stran. ISBN 9788073806460. info
- recommended literature
- DLUHOŠOVÁ, Dana. Finanční řízení a rozhodování podniku : analýza, investování, oceňování, riziko, flexibilita. 3. upr. vyd. Praha: Ekopress, 2010. 225 s. ISBN 9788086929682. info
- KISLINGEROVÁ, Eva. Manažerské finance. 3. vyd. Praha: C.H. Beck, 2010. xxxviii, 8. ISBN 9788074001949. info
- BREALEY, Richard A., Stewart C. MYERS and Franklin ALLEN. Principles of corporate finance. Thirteenth edition. New York: McGraw-Hill Education, 2020. xxx, 918. ISBN 9781260565553. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, readings, person-to-person tuition, homeworks, partial written proofs, data mining, group project.
- Assessment methods
- Requirements for completion The course is completed with a test, which is written and oral. Successful completion of at least two of the three sub-tests and seminar work evaluated of "passed" are requirements for accession to the test. Three correctly processed POTs are a requirement for accession to the test for extramural studies..
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Přednášky jsou dostupné online a ze záznamu.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/spring2020/BPF_FIRI