PřF:MUC41 Combinatorics - Course Information
MUC41 CombinatoricsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eduard Fuchs, CSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- First course of combinatorics. Variations, permutations, combinations, inclusion and exclusion method, latin squater, finite geometries, block schemes.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to understand the concepts of variation, permutations, combinations, principle of inclusion and exclusion, latin square, final geometry, block schemes.
- Basic combinatorial functions. Variations, permutations, combinations. Partitions of finite sets; partitions of natural numbers. Inclusion--exclusion formula. Recurrent formulas and their solution. Sequences
- FUCHS, Eduard. Diskrétní matematika pro učitele. 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2001. 178 pp. ISBN 80-210-2703-7. info
- VILENKIN, Naum Jakovlevič. Kombinatorika [Vilenkin, 1977] : Kombinatorika (Orig.). 1. vyd. Praha: Státní nakladatelství technické literatury, 1977. 298 s. info
- NEŠETŘIL, Jaroslav. Kombinatorika [Nešetřil, 1975]. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1975. 160 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures: theoretical explanation with practical examples
Exercises: solving problems for understanding of basic concepts and theorems, contains also more complex problems
- Assessment methods
- One written test (50 % success rate)and oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.