FF:UZAJ2022 Language Acquisition - Course Information
UZAJ2022 Language AcquisitionFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Linda Nepivodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. František Tůma, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 18:00–19:40 G22
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 19/30, only registered: 0/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-GK)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-MA)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS) (2)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-TV)
- Course objectives
- In order to provide a sound foundation for the very wide range of practical matters that language teachers deal with it is essential that student teachers develop a clear understanding of what language essentially is, and how languages are learnt. This course addresses the second of these – the field of study is known as Language Acquisition.
- Aspects of psychology of Language
- First and second language acquisition per se
- Interlanguage studies
- The Methodologies and Approaches of language teaching
- Bloom's taxonomy
- Vygotsky and constructionism
- Learning theories
- Language learning strategies
- Learner styles, intelligences
- Error analysis
- required literature
- LIGHTBOWN, Patsy and Nina Margaret SPADA. How languages are learned. 3rd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006. ix, 233. ISBN 0194422240. info
- Approaches and methods in language teaching. Edited by Jack C. Richards - Theodore S. Rodgers. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2001. ix, 270. ISBN 9780521008433. info
- recommended literature
- ELLIS, Rod. Second language acquisition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. x, 147. ISBN 019437212X. info
- BROWN, H. Douglas. Teaching by principles : an interactive approach to language pedagogy. 3rd ed. White Plains: Pearson Education, 2007. xvii, 569. ISBN 9780136127116. info
- O'MALLEY, J. Michael and Anna Uhl CHAMOT. Learning strategies in second language acquisition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999. xi, 260. ISBN 052135837X. info
- AITCHISON, Jean. The articulate mammal : an introduction to psycholinguistics. 5th ed. London: Routledge, 2008. viii, 302. ISBN 9780415420228. info
- not specified
- ELLIS, Rod. Understanding Second Language Acquisition. 7. vyd. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. 327 s. ISBN 0-19-437081-X. info
- ELLIS, Rod. Second language acquisition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. x, 147 s. ISBN 0-19-437212-X. info
- GASS, Susan M. and Jacquelyn SCHACHTER. Linguistic perspectives on second language acquisition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1989. viii, 296. ISBN 0521378117. info
- ELLIS, Rod. Instructed second language acquisition : learning in the classroom. Oxford: Blackwell, 1990. viii, 230. ISBN 0631162011. info
- HARLEY, Trevor A. The psychology of language : from data to theory. 3rd ed. Hove: Psychology Press, 2008. xvii, 602. ISBN 9781841693828. info
- Teaching methods
- The course consists of weekly seminars only. The participants will delve into various aspects of this field through extensive reading, conducting experiments and analysing findings, and by reflecting on their own experiences as learners and teachers.
- Assessment methods
- The course concludes with a test. Attendance is compulsory.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2019/UZAJ2022