CST:CJVcz02 Colourful Czech 2 - Course Information
CJVcz02 Colourful Czech for Foreigners 2Pan-university studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jan Krejza (seminar tutor)
PaedDr. Marta Rybičková, Ph.D. (assistant)
Barbara Staffolani, B.A. (assistant)
Ing. Iveta Vondráčková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- PaedDr. Marta Rybičková, Ph.D.
Contact Person: PaedDr. Marta Rybičková, Ph.D.
- Colourful Czech 2 is a continuation of the one-semester course Colourful Czech and it is open to anyone who has the basic knowledge of Czech, can form simple sentences in the present tense and whose vocabulary corresponds approximately to Lesson 5 of the textbook New Czech Step by Step. The lecturer uses communication methods and focusses on practising speaking abilities of students. The course aims at the extension of vocabulary to level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Those who pass the course will be capable of simple communication in common situations: on the street, with friends, in shops and restaurants, at school, at home or at work. Grammar will focus on verbs in the present, past and future tense. The category of verbal aspect will be introduced toward the end of the course. Its mastering will enable students understanding speech and text and responding adequately. The main study materials are photocopies of exercises from various textbooks and the lecturer’s own resources, which will be given out to students. The method Colourful Czech also uses its own working aids, which help students understand the structure of Czech sentences through five colours, which will be used in various exercises focusing on the word order and correct formation of spoken language. The course ends with a test and those who successfully pass it will get a certificate of the level achieved.z01 or for other students at A1 level, who pass the entrance test.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 10 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/10, only registered: 1/10, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 1/10
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Rozšiřující jazykové kurzy CJV (programme CST, C-CV)
- Course objectives
- Acquisition of the speaking, understanding and writing competence equivalent to the A1+ level according to the CEFR.
- Past tense Object and subject in plural form Verbal aspect Adverbial phrases using the genitive, lovative and instrumental case
- HOLÁ, Lída. New Czech step by step. V nakl. Akropolis 4., opr. v. Praha: Akropolis, 2008. 256 s.). ISBN 9788074700194. info
- Teaching methods
- Common communicative methods, Barevná čeština
- Assessment methods
- Writing test including the Listening part
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
Note related to how often the course is taught: Thursday, 12:00-13:30, Komenského nám., room 408.
- Teacher's information
- Price: 2500 CZK/semestr. Thursday: 12:00-13:30. We usually start the second week of semester.