LF:aZLKZL051c Restor.Dentistry I -prac. - Course Information
aZLKZL051c Restorative Dentistry I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- MDDr. Julie Bartáková (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Lydie Izakovičová Hollá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Naděžda Janoušková (seminar tutor)
MDDr. Agáta Kubíčková (seminar tutor)
MDDr. Petr Kučera (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Martina Kukletová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Milena Prudíková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Lenka Roubalíková, Ph.D.
Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Stomatology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 19. 10. 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 F37/217, 7:30–12:30 N05502, Tue 20. 10. 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 N05502, Wed 21. 10. 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, Thu 22. 10. 7:30–12:30 N05502, 7:30–12:30 F37/216, Fri 23. 10. 7:30–12:30 F37/216, 7:30–12:30 N05502
- aZLPZ041p Preventive Dentistry - lect. && aZLKK041c Restorative Dent.-Cariol.pract && aZLFY0422p Physiology II - lecture && aZLBC041p Biochemistry II lec. && ( aZLAN0222p Anatomy II - lecture || aZLAN0333p Anatomy III - lect. ) && aZLHE0322p Histology and Embryol.II -lect && aZLLT0222s Bas.Med.Terminology II -sem. && aZLET021p Ethics in Dent.-lect.
aZLPZ041p && aZLKK041c && aZLFY0422p && aZLBC041p && aZLAN0333p && aZLHE0322p && aZLLT0222s && aZLET021p
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Dental caries diagnostics and treatment of different caries types by various materials.
- Learning outcomes
- The student will be able:
- to diagnose dental caries on the basis of clinical and x-ray examination examination
- perform appropriate treatment.
- Practical training - syllabus: Examination of the patient, proposal of treatment, diagnostics of dental caries. Diagnostics and treatment of caries in premolars and molars on the occlusal surface. Diagnostics and treatment of carious defects on proximal surfaces of premolars and molars. Recurrent caries, secondary caries: its diagnostics and treatment. Treatment of deep (close-to-pulp) caries. Importance of x-ray examination in caries diagnosis.
- required literature
- The art and science of operative dentistry. Edited by Clifford M. Sturdevant - Theodore M. Roberson. 3rd ed. St. Louis: Mosby, 1995. xxi, 824 s. ISBN 0-8016-6366-0. info
- Comprehensive preventive dentistry. Edited by Hardy Limeback. Ames, Iowa: Wiley-Blackwell, 2012. x, 391. ISBN 9780813821689. info
- recommended literature
- Dental anatomy : coloring book. Edited by Margaret J. Fehrenbach. 1st ed. St. Louis: Saunders, 2008. x, 358. ISBN 9781416047896. info
- HARRIS, Norman O., Franklin GARCÍA-GODOY and Christine Nielsen NATHE. Primary preventive dentistry. Eighth edition. Essex: Pearson, 2014. 548 stran. ISBN 9781292040615. info
- JEDYNAKIEWICZ, Nicolas M. A practical guide to technology in dentistry. [1st ed.]. Wolfe Publishing, 1992. 193 s. : i. ISBN 0-7234-1742-3. info
- Teaching methods
- Practical training. Practical training (about 50 % of the total volume of teaching) is complemented by a comprehensive range of simulation teaching methods on simulators with varying degrees of fidelity, trainers and virtual patients. Most of them are equipped with a specialized evaluation software system that allows for every step of preparation, including feedback and test, and objective assessment of the student's work. Dental microscopes, CAD / CAM technologies, simulated X-ray teaching and other modern teaching aids are also used. Emphasis is also placed on the development of soft skills, incl. so-called "21st-century skills", particularly communication, decision-making skills, critical thinking, crisis communication and teamwork.
- Assessment methods
- Credit (completion of practical training). Practical skills will be verified using the specialized evaluation software system. The course will also focus on the development of the ability to orientate in auxiliary investigative methods, their interpretation, critical thinking and teamwork. This way of evaluating gives students an objective and specific feedback.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 30.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses