LF:MIIN0433c INC in Internal Med. III - pr. - Course Information
MIIN0433c Intensive Nursing Care in Internal Medicine III - practiseFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.8/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Marie Dvořáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Marie Dvořáková, Ph.D.
Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Silvie Doubravská
Supplier department: Department of Nursing and Midwifery - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- MIIN0332p INC in Internal Medicine II-le && MIIN0332c INC in Internal medicine II-p.
MIIN0332p Intensive Nursing Care in Internal Medicine II - lecture MIIN0332c Intensive Nursing Care in Internal Medicine II - practice
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Student will be able to: - define the basic requirements of nursing care in haematology - apply acquired skills to nursing practice - to classify the specifics of care in relation to alo / autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation - interpret basic requirements for working with cytotoxic agents
- Learning outcomes
- The student defines principles, indications and complications associated with autologous transplantation; The student defines principles, indications and complications associated with allogeneic transplantation; The student is familiar with the issues of organizational arrangements hematopoietic stem cell transplant program; The student demonstrates knowledge of the field of ethical perspective on the transplant program; The student defines the basic rules for handling cytotoxic agents; The student classifies the risk factors associated with the use of cytotoxic agents; The student justify adequate procedure paravenous leakage cytotoxic agents; The student justify requirements for handling cytotoxic agents; The student defines basic requirements for the care of peripheral venous catheters Hematooncology patients; The student defines basic requirements for the care of central venous catheters in patients Hematooncology; The student defines basic requirements for the care of venous ports; The student has practical experience with mixed into the venous port; The student defines the basic requirements for nursing care for the sick Hematooncology; The student justify the specifics of care in reverse isolation and aseptic units in the premises; The student classifies the risk factors of treatment with consequences for nursing care;
- Specifics of nursing care: the role of nurses in the administration of cytotoxic chemotherapy, preparation, application, leak extravasation The role of nurses in the care of venous access: peripheral venous access, central venous access, venous ports, practical training The nurse's role in the prevention of infectious complications: barrier nursing care, reverse isolation, aseptic unit Other nursing approaches: oral care, quality of life, upon the occurrence of NU anticancer treatment Transplant program: the organization of the transplant program, transplant coordinator role, functions transplant committee
- required literature
- ZÍTKOVÁ, Marie, Michaela BLAŽKOVÁ, Lada FÍNOVÁ, Monika LABUDÍKOVÁ, Václav KAJABA, Markéta PROTIVÁNKOVÁ and Hana ŠEBELOVÁ. Ošetřovatelství v hematoonkologii (Nursing in Haematooncology). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2016. ISBN 978-80-210-8264-9. info
- recommended literature
- VORLÍČEK, Jiří, Jitka ABRAHÁMOVÁ and Hilda VORLÍČKOVÁ. Klinická onkologie pro sestry. 2., přeprac. a dopl. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2012. 448 s. ISBN 9788024737423. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, group projects, practical training at the model
- Assessment methods
- group project, presentation of case study
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/MIIN0433c