FSS:SANb1004 Ethnographic Methods and Field - Course Information
SANb1004 Ethnographic Methods and Field Research: SeminarFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 9 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Adéla Souralová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Adéla Souralová, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Adéla Souralová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SANb1004/01: Thu 8:00–9:40 U35, A. Souralová
SANb1004/02: Thu 10:00–11:40 U35, A. Souralová
- ( SANb1003 Ethnographic Methods || SAN108 Ethnographic Methods ) && (! SAN109 Ethnographic Methods and Field Research: Seminar && ! NOW ( SAN109 Ethnographic Methods and Field Research: Seminar ))
interest in the subject
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Social Anthropology (programme FSS, B-SAN) (3)
- Course objectives
- To introduce key methodological concepts in social anthropology and to try the selectec methods in praxis
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to indentify key research methods in social anthropology, and propose suitable method for a particular setting or topic of research. She will be aware as to how time, money and emotionally demanding each method may be.
- Please, follow the study catalogue for your immatriculation cohort!
- required literature
- HAMMERSLEY, Martyn a Paul ATKINSON. Ethnography: principles in practice. 3rd ed. London: Routledge, 2007. ISBN 978-0-415-39605-9.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion, group projects, presentations by professionals in the sectors, homework, reading
- Assessment methods
- Please, follow the sylabus of the relevant cohort.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: !SAN109 && !NOW(SAN109).