FI:PV120 Information Law - Course Information
PV120 Information LawFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium), z (credit).
- RNDr. JUDr. Vladimír Šmíd, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. JUDr. Vladimír Šmíd, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. JUDr. Vladimír Šmíd, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Tue 16:00–17:50 Virtuální místnost
- PV119 is recomended but not necessary.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 84 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The basic goal of the lecture is to explain the legal aspects of some parts of informatics, especially personal protection, commercial secret, intellectual property, personal data protection, classified fact and free access to informations.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will understand legal aspects of IT production and will be able to recommend basic steps leading towards protection of intelectual property.
- Informational liberty and legal protection of personal data -- constitutional principles, Charter of Fundamental Rights and Freedoms.
- Foreign examples and international context -- law in abroad, recommendations, agreements and directives of international and supranational organizations.
- Private law protection of informations and information systems -- personal protection, commercial secret, labour discipline etc.
- Intellectual property law -- author law, industrial property.
- Personal Data Protection -- the Act, its application, Office for Personal Data Protection.
- Public law protection of informations and information systems -- penal law protection.
- Classified Fact Act.
- Free Access to Informations Act.
- POLČÁK, Radim, Martin ŠKOP and Jakub MACEK. Normativní systémy v kyberprostoru (úvod do studia) (Normative systems in cyberspace (introduction)). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 2005. 102 pp. Edice učebnic Právnické fakulty MU č. 361. ISBN 80-210-3779-2. info
- MATES, Pavel and Miroslava MATOUŠOVÁ. Evidence, informace, systémy :právní úprava. 1. vyd. Praha: CODEX Bohemia, 1997. 263 s., ta. ISBN 80-85963-27-2. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- written test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2021/PV120