FF:BA_E_cetb Estonian reading - Course Information
BA_E_cetb Estonian text readingFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Michaela Denisová (lecturer)
Mgr. Petra Hebedová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petra Hebedová, Ph.D.
Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
- each even Friday 10:00–11:40 L31
- Participants should have already studied Estonian for at least one year.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Baltic Languages and Literatures (programme FF, N-FI) (2)
- Baltic Languages and Literatures (programme FF, N-HS)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on reading and interpreting texts in Estonian. At the end of the course students should be able to read literary texts in Estonian, interpret and translate them, find out unknown vocabulary or phraseology.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course student should be able to read independently Estonian literary text. The student should be able to understand better syntactical structures in Estonian and come up with an adequate translation of them to his or her mother tongue. Students will also enrich their vocabulary and have more skill in working with various dictionaries or lexical databases.
- Texts to be read are chosen by the teacher according to their complexity and cultural significance.
- recommended literature
- HEBEDOVÁ, Petra. Stručná gramatika estonštiny (Concise Grammar of Estonian). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 103 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6430-0. Digitální knihovna FF MU info
- not specified
- Saagpakk, P.: Eesti-inglise sõnaraamat. Koolibri: Tallinn 2000.
- Raid, A.: Tšehhi-eesti sõnaraamat. Valgus: Tallinn 1966.
- Teaching methods
- reading, text interpretation, comparing existing translations, translation
- Assessment methods
- participation in classes, final translation
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2022, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2022/BA_E_cetb