FF:PJN109 Elements of Law II - Course Information
PJN109 Elements of Law for Slavists IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. JUDr. Petr Mrkývka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Petr Mrkývka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. JUDr. Petr Mrkývka, Ph.D.
Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: doc. JUDr. Petr Mrkývka, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Slavonic Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Professional and Business Polish (programme FF, B-PJ_)
- Polish with orientation on Commercial Practice, Services and Travel (programme FF, B-FI)
- Russian for Social Practice (programme FF, B-RS_)
- Russian with orientation on Commercial Practice, Services and Travel (programme FF, B-FI)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to introduce students into the field of study in basic extent. The lessons include competition law with distinction of legal protection of competition and law against unfair competition. This course also covers legal statute of entrepreneurs (especially commercial companies), contracts and basics of the law of securities. The education provided by lectures should lead to acquirement of knowledge that constitutes basic theoretical understanding of the field and the ability of fast orientation in the legislation and the ability to apply the relevant provisions of law. At the end of the course students should be able to understand in basis the legal regulation of business companies, competition law, obligations and securities, to explain this regulation and to apply it for the concrete cases.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing this subject students will be able to orientate themselves to the basic level in private law (in particular the Civil Code, the Law on Commercial Corporations), as well as some public law regulations (the Act on Public Registers, the Act on the Protection of Competition, etc.) and apply them to concrete cases of practice (eg the establishment of a business corporation, the conclusion of contracts between entrepreneurs, unfair competition, cartels of competitors, the issue of a bill of exchange, etc.).
- 1. Introduction to commercial law, sources of commercial law 2. Subjects of commercial law - overview 3. Entrepreneur, acting of entrepreneurs 4. Trade name, commercial register 5. General regulation of commercial companies 6. Personal commercial companies 7. Capital commercial companies 8. Principles of private law and their application in commercial law 9. Contractual relationships among entrepreneurs 10. Formation of obligations 11. Securing of obligations 12. Extinction of obligations 13. Responsibility relationships 14. Characteristics of the sales contract and contract for work 15. Characteristics of competition law and competition conduct 16. Unfair competition 17. Conception of securities and their classification 18. Bills of exchange
- required literature
- ONDREJOVÁ, Dana, Josef BEJČEK, Josef KOTÁSEK, Jaromír KOŽIAK, Jarmila POKORNÁ, Radek RUBAN, Josef ŠILHÁN and Eva VEČERKOVÁ. Nástin obchodního práva (Outline of business law). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 360 pp. Učebnice - 515. ISBN 978-80-210-7417-0. info
- recommended literature
- BEJČEK, Josef, Josef ŠILHÁN and KOLEKTIV. Obchodní smlouvy. Závazky v podnikání. 1st ed. Praha: C.H.Beck, 2015. 539 pp. ISBN 978-80-7400-574-9. info
- KOTÁSEK, Josef. Kotásek, Pihera, Pokorná, Vítek: Právo cenných papírů (Law of Negotiable Instruments). In Právo cenných papírů. 1st ed. Praha: C. H. Beck, 2014. p. 117-220. ISBN 978-80-7400-515-2. info
- BEJČEK, Josef, Petr HAJN, Jarmila POKORNÁ, Eva TOMÁŠKOVÁ, Eva VEČERKOVÁ, Josef ŠILHÁN, Jaromír KOŽIAK and Radek RUBAN. Obchodní právo. Obecná část. Soutěžní právo. (Business Law. General Part. Competition Law.). první. Praha: C. H. Beck Praha, 2014. 410 pp. Academia iuris. ISBN 978-80-7400-547-3. info
- POKORNÁ, Jarmila, Eva TOMÁŠKOVÁ, Alena KERLINOVÁ, Jan LASÁK, Milan PEKÁREK, Jaromír KOŽIAK, Alena POKORNÁ, Tomáš DVOŘÁK and Josef HOLEJŠOVSKÝ. Obchodní společnosti a družstva (Business Companies and Cooperatives). první. Praha: C. H. Beck Praha, 2014. 448 pp. Academia iuris. ISBN 978-80-7400-475-9. info
- Teaching methods
- The lectures have cognitive function; the current legal legislation under Act No. 89/2012 Coll., Civil Code, and under Act No. 90/2012 Coll., on commercial corporations, is discussed, and also judgments and the practice cases with it.
- Assessment methods
- The course is closed by a written and oral exam. Exam questions are covered by the lectures and the prescribed literature/sources. Evaluation of written exam is realized during oral exam the same day. Each question included the basic overview under the actual legal legislation, it means especially under Act No. 89/2012 Coll., Civil Code (CC), and Act No. 90/2012 Coll., on commercial corporations (ACC).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.