PrF:DO1MPS1 Lex mercatoria - Course Information
DO1MPS1 Lex mercatoria - Doctrine and DevelopmentFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- prof. JUDr. Naděžda Rozehnalová, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. JUDr. Naděžda Rozehnalová, CSc.
Department of International and European Law - Faculty of Law
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Private International Law (programme PrF, MEPS_) (2)
- Course objectives
- PThe course is devoted to the theory of so called lex mercatoria as the law of international trade.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student should be able to understand and to explain the interaction between lex mercatoria and private international law. He/she would be able to understand the theory of transnational commercial law as the globalized law in the conception of Teubner. He/she should be able to understand the position of lex mercatoria in arbitration procedure.H/she should be able to identify the basic characteristics of lex mercatoria and to be able to use lex mercatoria.
- 1. The theory of so called lex mercatoria. 2. CISG and lex mercatoria. 3. Unidroit, PECL and lex mercatoria. 4. International arbitration and lex mercatoria.
- recommended literature
- LÓPEZ RODRÍGUEZ, Ana M. Lex Mercatoria and harmonization of contract law in the EU. 1. ed. Copenhagen: DJOF Publishing, 2003. xv, 404 s. ISBN 87-574-0947-1. info
- ROZEHNALOVÁ, Naděžda. Transnacionální právo mezinárodního obchodu (Transnational international trade law). Vyd. 1. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 1994. 205 pp. Acta Universitatis Brunensis Iuridica ; No 131. ISBN 80-210-0855-5. info
- not specified
- studenti sami si vyberou reprezentativní vzorek literatury
- T. Orsolya. Lex Mercatoria in Theory and Practice. Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Teaching methods
- theoretical preparation, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- semestral paper - 10 pages
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 6 setkání po 4 hodinách.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2021/DO1MPS1