FaF:F1PP1_14 Premedical First Aid - Course Information
F1PP1_14 Premedical First AidFaculty of Pharmacy
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- MUDr. Jana Djakow, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Martina Kosinová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Petr Štourač, Ph.D., MBA (lecturer)
Daniel Barvík (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Kamila Bošáková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Dvořáček, DiS. (seminar tutor)
Bc. Romana Kábelová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Kovaříková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Juraj Ovčík, RN., DiS. (seminar tutor)
Bc. Hana Šperková, DiS. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Zemanová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavlína Kosíková (assistant)
Mgr. Jana Sedláková (assistant)
Irena Vaďurová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Petr Štourač, Ph.D., MBA
Department of Simulation Medicine - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Dvořáček, DiS.
Supplier department: Department of Simulation Medicine - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- F1PP1_14/01: Tue 21. 9. to Tue 16. 11. each even Tuesday 8:00–11:00 F37/353; and Tue 30. 11. 12:00–15:00 F37/120, 12:00–15:00 F37/349
F1PP1_14/02: Tue 21. 9. to Tue 16. 11. each even Tuesday 12:00–15:00 F37/349; and Wed 1. 12. 8:00–11:00 F37/120, 8:00–11:00 F37/349
F1PP1_14/03: Tue 21. 9. to Tue 16. 11. each even Tuesday 12:00–15:00 F37/353; and Wed 1. 12. 12:00–15:00 F37/120, 12:00–15:00 F37/349
F1PP1_14/04: Wed 22. 9. to Wed 3. 11. each even Wednesday 8:00–11:00 F37/349; and Tue 30. 11. 8:00–11:00 F37/353, Tue 14. 12. 8:00–11:00 F37/120
F1PP1_14/05: Wed 22. 9. to Wed 3. 11. each even Wednesday 8:00–11:00 F37/353; and Tue 30. 11. 12:00–15:00 F37/353, Tue 14. 12. 8:00–11:00 F37/349
F1PP1_14/06: Wed 22. 9. to Wed 3. 11. each even Wednesday 12:00–15:00 F37/349; and Wed 1. 12. 8:00–11:00 F37/353, Tue 14. 12. 12:00–15:00 F37/120
F1PP1_14/07: Wed 22. 9. to Wed 3. 11. each even Wednesday 12:00–15:00 F37/353; and Wed 1. 12. 12:00–15:00 F37/353, Tue 14. 12. 12:00–15:00 F37/349
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- FAKULTA ( FaF ) || OBOR ( MUSFaF )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Course objectives: Theoretical e-learning familiarization of students with recommended procedures for providing first aid. Teaching practical skills and practising first aid procedures through simulation.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- carry out primary and secondary survay of the patient;
- show 1 minute of basic life support on the model of adult;
- show 1 minute of basic life support on the model of child;
- provide first aid to an unconscious person;
- open airway and evaluate respiration;
- treat massive bleeding;
- apply pressure to the wound;
- load a pressure bandage;
- load the tourniquet;
- perform Rautek's maneuver;
- turn the unconscious from prone to supine position;
- recognize signs of allergic reaction and anaphylaxis;
- use an autoinjector with adrenaline;
- describe the symptoms of a stroke and provide first aid to the patient;
- describe the symptoms and possible causes of seizures and provide the patient first aid;
- describe the rules of conduct at the scene of an accident, sorting the wounded, ensure their safety in the place of the event;
- communicate with the conscious patient.
- 1. Unconsciousness, chain of survival activation
- 2. Basic Life Support of adults and how to use AED
- 3. Basic Life Support of children. Airway obstruction, FBAO.
- 4. Bleeding. Shock. Wounds. Bandages.
- 5. Fractures, injuries of joints and muscles - Treatment, immobilisation skills, splints, positioning. Manipulation with unconscious. Car accident.
- 6. Other life-threatening conditions.
- 7. Consultation.
- required literature
- E-learning první pomoci (https://is.muni.cz/auth/do/med/el/prvni_pomoc/index.html)
- recommended literature
- European Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2021 (https://cprguidelines.eu/assets/guidelines/European-Resuscitation-Council-Guidelines-2021-Ba.pdf https://cprguidelines.eu/assets/guidelines/European-Resuscitation-Council-Guidelines-2021-Fi.pdf)
- Teaching methods
- Detailed and up-to-date information is available under Instructions for Teaching First Aid in e-learning first aid (https://is.muni.cz/auth/do/med/el/prvni_pomoc/index.html). Teaching first aid will follow the principles of simulation. As a part of their home preparation before the practice, students will study the lesson in e-learning first aid. Each e-learning lesson ends with a test. Students must pass the test prior to their coming to the practice otherwise they will not be admitted to the class. During the practice, individual techniques and procedures will be drilled in short simulations, followed by a structured debriefing and further training.
IMPORTANT: The e-learning is focused on students of The Faculty of Medicine. Students of The Faculty of Pharmacy do not fill in a feedback questionnaire nor post test.
- Assessment methods
- Attendance at practices is 100% mandatory. Prior to each practice, students must fill in the entrance test otherwise they will not be admitted to the class. Students choose the best correct answer. To pass the test, it is necessary to have no fewer than 80% of correct answers. The number of repetitions of the admission test is not limited. The course ends with a colloquium consisting of a practical and a theoretical part. Theoretical part will be a test. Students could do this test after 7th practise. In the practical part, students must pass one simulation successfully. Evaluation will follow a standardized checklist.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/pharm/autumn2021/F1PP1_14